Sunday

Day Five for the crepe hype.

Fifth stop? Crave Cafe on Ventura Boulevard. This cute, little cafe is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers omelettes, crepes, salads, and paninis with prices from $5-$10 (Crave Cafe). What I enjoyed about their menu was the fact that under each major item there were several options and combinations- for example, one can make their own omelette and choose their desired meats, veggies, and cheese. Since I was craving the good old crepe, I decided to build my own crepe! I ordered mine with chicken, mushrooms, spinach, and provolone cheese. Crave has a crepe combo deal that entails a soup or salad, and a drink. So I upgraded my order and got a lentil soup with a green tea as my beverage for $10. 
Beautiful looking plate, right? My crepe also came with a fresh side salad of mixed greens, heirloom tomato, and sliced cucumber. My crepe was fluffy and light; the filling was tasty. The chicken was cooked perfectly and my veggies were slightly crunchy- just the way I like them. It was definitely a satisfying meal...and certainly a big one as well. The crepe was large, to say the least. I was not a big fan of the cheese inside; the crepe itself was not greasy at all, but the cheese just made it a reasonably heavy meal. 

Price- 8.5
Health- 9
Flavor- 9

Here is a filling from yours truly :)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of chicken breast cut into chunks
  • 1 cup of sliced button mushrooms
  • 1 cup of frozen spinach
  • 1/2 a cup of sliced red bell peppers
  • vegetable oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Pour one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a sautee pan. Once hot, add the cooked chicken chunks along with the mushrooms. Sautee for about two minutes just to warm the chicken through and cook the mushrooms. Next add the frozen spinach. Sautee for another 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and continue to sautee for two minutes. Make sure not to overcook any of the veggies in order to retain the crunch. Season with salt and pepper. 
Good for 2-3 crepes, depending on the size. 


On a side note, I also enjoyed some desert. AH! I know I should have been stuck to my healthy crepe, but I could not resist a desert one! Shh, this is our little secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment