Sunday

Day Six for a Mediterranean fix.

Sixth and final stop? Massis Kabob inside the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square. 
Massis Kabob offers traditional Mediterranean cuisine of meat kabobs and jumbo gyros. As stated on their menu, Massis Kabob does not use any MSG, preservatives, or additives. All of the food is natural and the meat is char-broiled, never fried. 
I am usually a "chicken" gal because I always stay on the safe side and stick to my chicken, but on that particular day I felt a little daring and ordered the Lamb Kabob plate. It came with a side greek salad, pita bread, and roasted tomatoes. So I happily had my daily servings of protein, veggies, and starch all on one plate. Let me just say, everything was delicious and healthy! Lamb is actually a good red meat because only 36% of its fat is saturated, and is a great source of zinc and iron (Lamb Nutrition). The tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and olives were all so fresh and crunchy! I did not eat the pita bread and instead ate the rice, which was arguably the most "fattening" thing from that meal; the rice was long-grain white rice. The rice was fluffy and steamed, so there was no added oil or butter used to give it flavor. This meal was ALMOST perfect...its price was the downfall. A whopping $8.25 without a drink. Maybe I should have just got the chicken kabob for only $6.95........ just kidding. I definitely got my money's worth!

Price- 8
Health- 9.5
Flavor- 9.5


No comments:

Post a Comment